Blog Stats

557Total Entries
75Total Comments

Search Blogs

Feed Random Blog Entries
Brilliant Creatures by RonPrice on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:38 am
GETTING GOING
Part 1:

Brilliant Creatures1 explores the achievements of the following people of fame, a Gang of Four to use what has become a much used term in several aspects of popular and political culture. These four people were at their early peaks in the 1970s: Robert Hughes at Time Magazine as its art critic; Germaine Greer riding on the success of The Female Eunuch; Clive James a junior member of the London literati, and Barry MacKenzie making a Barry MacKenzie movie.1 We must first look at the Australia of their childhood, the cultural propellants, good and bad, that made them move and shake. This doco does some of that early life and cultural examination.

Since I, too, was in my early peaks of career success in the 1970s, I find I must look at my early years, 1943 to 1972, to try to understand my own success. I was not in the same league as these four giants of popular culture; I have lingered in the minor leagues of popular and academic culture since those early seventies....

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 247 times
Solo Exhibition - Brannen Bank, Dunnellon, FL by RichardDevine on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:05 pm
I was thrilled to accept Brannen Bank’s (Dunnellon, Florida) offer to exhibit my paintings in their lobby for a month and a half. I spent much of this past week preparing for the exhibit and hung the paintings this morning. The Exhibit, titled “Creations: Of Nature and Man” opens today, June 13, and runs through to the end of June. If you are in the area please stop by and view the paintings. Email me and let me know what you think.

0 Comments Viewed 561 times
How to Make Your Own Canvas Prints by Anonymous on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:55 am
Canvas prints accredit burning art that is both claimed and meaningful. Press on canvas doesn't crave framing, admitting you can abode images in frames. More importantly, they accredit you to yield a moment captured by the camera and allotment it with the world, accord as a allowance or artlessly adhere up to reflect aloft in a quiet moment. While abounding vendors accommodate the adeptness to book on canvas, book at home if you accept the appropriate accessories to save yourself press and shipment costs.

1.Select the photo or account for printing. If it is not a agenda book on your computer, browse the angel with a superior scanner to accomplish a acceptable superior agenda print. If you don't accept admission to a scanner, use the casework of a camera boutique to browse the angel and accomplish a CD with the agenda file.

2.Head to an appointment accumulation store, or the appointment accumulation area of abatement or ability stores. Buy a backpack of printer canvas sheets. Find these...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 103 times
EXCITING, AFFORDABLE, FUN! STUDIO CAFÉ IS BACK NOV.4! by pac on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:46 pm
Saturday night, November 4th, Pelham Art Center will be aglow, live music pouring through the tented courtyard, studios and galleries; while the delectable aroma of southern Westchester restaurants’ signature entrees waft through the air. The bars will be hopping as 200-plus guests happily sample the fare and peruse an exciting range of original, affordable art donated by exhibiting artists, as well as must-have auction experiences.

Back by demand, the edgy painting performance group, EYE (eyemakesart.com), will live-paint a wall-size work of art composed of multiple canvasses, riffing to the smoky sounds of The Jazzy 3. Studio Café guests will be able to bid on the sections as they are being painted. Last year enthused bidders bought every canvas, with clamors for more!

For people in the know, the perennially popular Studio Café fundraiser is casual, fun, and arty. With tickets priced at $85 in advance ($100 at the door), it is a fun, affordable evening of delicious food, art, mus...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 19 times
New Website & New ART by grover299 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:00 am
Hello everyone, I am new to this website and I am excited to post my artwork on here and get into contests and everything. I am also excited to launch my website and finally be nline and get my company name out there to people. I am excited and I am looking for feedback and comments on my website and getting more people to check it out and like it tell a friend. I would highly appreciate it if you could take a second to check out my website and leave a comment or signy the guest book and check out the entire website. www.creativeworld2010.com go check it out let me know what you think hope to hear from you soon.

1 Comment Viewed 1033 times